If you are inside the red dotted line you will suffer aircraft noise from
• With a second runway Gatwick aims to have 540-560,000 air traffic movements, which is more than Heathrow today (480,000).
• By design Gatwick plan no respite for communities impacted by the 5 new flight paths with twice as much traffic on existing routes. There will be compensation, doubleglazing for a few, but this will not stop the misery of lost tranquillity or the health effects from being constantly over flown.
• There is no possibility of a night ban on flights due to the commercial airlines that Gatwick serves, ie low cost leisure airlines.
• On top of noise pollution, Gatwick will bring an additional 100,000 vehicles to the roads daily, plus 1000% increase in freight and commercial movements to service Gatwick 2.
• Gatwick will add 90,000 daily to the rail network, which is already one of the worst in the country and can’t be expanded according to Network Rail September 2015 report.
• You will be living adjacent to one of the world’s busiest airports that brings little financial benefit to the UK as it export holidaymakers overseas.
• Air Quality – Gatwick, the Government and West Sussex County Council has not undertaken any environmental studies to what pollution we will suffer with Gatwick 2. Gatwick only has to monitor Gatwick and they say, “Onward surface access is not their problem”. Gatwick has already breached AQ three times in 2012 and will do again through lack of infrastructure; the Airports Commission state that 51,000 people would have worse air quality if Gatwick expands
• Gatwick will bring a huge financial burden to West Sussex to add to the deficit it already has. Gatwick will demand mass house building, (in addition to those being built), mass inward migration of workers seeking work as there is very little unemployment in the counties surrounding Gatwick: and Gatwick will escalate the lack of GPs, school places, hospital facilities and pollution from congested roads.
• Gatwick will remove 17 grade II listed buildings, 35 acres of ancient woodlands, build on the floodplain, remove nature’s habitat and condemn Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty to noise and pollution.
• And if Britanniacrest get their way, an incinerator with a 90m chimney will blight the area, as aircraft stream above affect the dispersal of emissions from the stack as well waste lorries adding to the pollution cocktail as waste is transported to the north of West Sussex from Sussex, Surrey and beyond.
ACTION TO TAKE CONCERNING GATWICK 2
Write to David Cameron – object to the second runway at Gatwick for the above reasons – Rt Hon David Cameron MP, Prime Minister, 10 Downing Street, London SW1A 2AA Email via www.number10.gov.uk
Write to the Leader of West Sussex County Council and object to Gatwick2 and an Incinerator – firstname.lastname@example.org Louise Goldsmith, Leader of WSCC, County Hall, West Street, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1RQ
Join the CAGNE mailing list – www.cagne.org – and stay informed Follow CAGNE on twitter @cagne_gatwick
Like CAGNE at www.facebook.com/gatwickcagne
Share Gatwick Airport and flight path information with residents of West Sussex and parts of Surrey
Make a donation to CAGNE –
NatWest Bank Horsham, Sort Code
60-11-17 A/C 19865090