Carers Support West Sussex is to open its Carer Response Line – 0300 028 8888 – on Saturdays for the first time from the 5th November.
The West Sussex charity, which provides support to more than 16,000 Family and Friend Carers, will open the line from 10am – 12pm on Saturday mornings following feedback from Carers around the county.
The move means the Carer Response Line, which provides information and support, will now be open:
• 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
• 9am – 7pm on Wednesdays
• 10am – 12pm on Saturdays
Carers across West Sussex
• There are 84,000 Carers in West Sussex
• 10.6% of people in the County are carers
• Over 14,000 carers are registered with Carers Support West Sussex
• 99% of carers who contacted Carers Support found our service helpful
• Over 50 carer support groups are held throughout West Sussex every month. They provide peer to peer support for carers, some are specialist groups such as those for carers of people living with dementia and others are open to all carers;
• Carers report improved health and wellbeing from being supported and we would encourage carers to call for more information on 0300 028 8888 or visit us at www. carerssupport.org.uk.
Carers across the UK
There are almost seven million carers in the UK – that is one in ten people. This is rising.
Out of the UK’s carers, 42% of carers are men and 58% are women.
The economic value of the contribution made by carers in the UK is £119bn per year.
Over the next 30 years, the number of carers will increase by 3.4 million (around 60%).