Sam’s Kitchen: Ginger Biscuits
Easy to make and delicious, these remind me of childhood holidays to Cornwall. We always bought some Cornish Farthings for my Dad, they came in a tube and the smell when you opened them was lovely and gingery!
170g Self Raising flour
110g soft light brown sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ginger (more if you like them very gingery!)
60g butter/spread (diced)
1 egg, lightly beaten in a cup
1 tsp golden syrup
Makes 20-25 biscuits preheat oven 180°C (Fan 160°C) GM4
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda & ginger in a bowl, add the sugar and stir. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until of breadcrumb consistency.
- With the beaten egg already in a cup, add the syrup and beat until mixed.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix together to make a sticky dough.
- Roll teaspoons of the mix into balls and place on a lined/greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly and bake for 12-15 mins until golden and cracked.
- Cool for 5 mins on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack or enjoy while still warm! The longer baked the harder the biscuit will be, so bake for longer until deep golden if you like them with a snap. Enjoy ♥