Reimagine the possibilities for your next event in Singapore, with comprehensive assistance to empower exceptional meetings and incentive travel.
Home to world-class facilities and infrastructure, a thriving business environment, and offering excellent global connectivity, Singapore is open for business, ready to welcome meetings and incentive travel groups.
With the global return to in-person meetings and travel, Singapore continues to be recognized as the preferred and trusted destination for business events. In the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA)'s 2021 rankings, Singapore is ranked as Top Asia-Pacific Meeting City.
Clearly, the Southeast Asian city-state is poised for a strong MICE recovery, following the city's reopening to fully-vaccinated visitors with no quarantine and testing requirements.
In the first three months of 2022, Singapore hosted more than 150 events attended by over 37,000 delegates. And it has at least 66 international events secured for the rest of 2022 and beyond.
With powerful assistance programs and support, it has made recent profound efforts to help you prepare and execute your MICE event. Catering to the different needs of meetings and incentive planners, Singapore has made recent efforts to help you bring your ideas to life and realize best-in-class events and meetings.
In addition, many sustainability efforts and guidelines have been enhanced. With sustainability high on meeting and incentive planners' agendas, Singapore is committed in its drive toward becoming a leading urban sustainable destination. In 2022, Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is participating in the Global Destination Sustainability Index (GDS-Index) to benchmark Singapore's social and environmental performance against other MICE destinations.
STB is committed to supporting local tourism businesses in their efforts to become more sustainable. This includes partnering with players in the MICE industry, including hotels, venues and suppliers to promote standards, certification and greater adoption of green practices.
In addition, it also supports meeting planners in creating sustainable event experiences through a suite of refreshed assistance schemes, including the Singapore MICE Advantage Programme (SMAP) 3.0. More information on SMAP here.
Realize Memorable and Impactful Meetings and Events With SECB's Suite of Exclusive Privileges and Assistance
The Singapore Exhibition and Convention Bureau (SECB)'s comprehensive suite of assistance schemes and incentive programs for international meetings and incentive travel groups supports and is able to cater to planners' needs across every guest experience, operation and budget. The diverse offerings, exclusive and unique privileges, and perks enable event organizers to realize exceptional business events in Singapore that connect and inspire with ease.
These assistance schemes will support and realize your events in Singapore.
1. INSPIRE Global 2.0. Qualified MICE groups will get to choose from about 80 unique complimentary experiences across dining, attractions, thematic tours, team building and retail experiences to complement the itineraries of meetings and incentive travel groups to Singapore. This will help you design an exceptional itinerary and stay on budget, giving your group outstanding value.
Here are just some of the complimentary offerings:
Gardens by The Bay. Explore two cooled conservatories and lush greenery of the beautiful and sprawling 250-acre national gardens. Other perks include exclusive access to a rooftop event space atop the Supertree Observatory, suitable for cocktail receptions that will boast spectacular 360-degree views of the iconic Marina Bay from 150 feet in the air.
Scentopia. Design and create bespoke fragrances at Scentopia. Sample Singapore's first augmented reality (AR) perfume-making bar, and choose from its selection of over 6,000 aroma oils.
Sidecar Heritage Tour. Zip through Singapore's vibrant heritage districts Kampong Gelam and Civic Districts and downtown scenic areas including Marina Bay in this one-of-a-kind city tour experience. Immerse yourself in local history and culture through food experiences, architectural sitings and museum stops. A vintage Vespa sidecar city tour is an unforgettable experience.
Design Orchard. A private shopping experience at a curated multi-label store that features the best of Singapore design.
Singapore Zoo. Groups can enjoy an exclusive dinner with a welcome drink, a special animal encounter experience as well as in-park branding for your event.
Dempsey Hill Heritage Trail & Yoga Dine In. An exclusive menu offered at SPRMRKT Dempsey, a local culinary brand known for its sustainability and produce-driven cooking, responsible sourcing and support of local communities. Enjoy the full wellness experience complete with a yoga practice and dining afterward.
2. Singapore MICE Advantage Programme (SMAP). This scheme provides event organisers and MICE delegates with an array of exclusive privileges and services from our partners, including new sustainability focused benefits that provide greater ease of travel. Many perks are available, including complimentary and discounted airfares. Sustainability efforts are also incorporated.
Exclusive privileges and perks from SECB and our partners include:
• Complimentary and discounted airfares with Singapore Airlines.
• Discounted ground transportation and intra-city rides with Grab.
• Discounts for VIP arrival services at the JetQuay CIP Terminal at Singapore's Changi Airport.
• Complimentary leisure experiences with Sentosa Fun Pass™ tokens.
SMAP includes a new focus to support planners in delivering sustainable events. With key tourism partners, including Singapore Airlines and Sentosa Development Corporation, SMAP offers benefits such as green transportation options, eco-tour experiences, discounted public transportation on trains and buses, among others.
3. Business Events in Singapore (BEiS). Through the Business Events in Singapore (BEiS) scheme, SECB offers customized support, including support of third-party key event costs such as content development, professional services, marketing and social experiences, as well as assistance with hosting sustainable events. You could even receive funding support if eligible. Other non-financial support includes logo support, event listing on VisitSingapore.com, help securing venues and hosting of site visits.
New Offerings in Singapore
Business travelers can easily convene in Singapore, with over 100 international airlines flying from some 380 cities in 90 countries and territories worldwide. It continues to attract significant business events, inspiring thought-provoking content and exchange of knowledge, while providing valuable networking opportunities. The SECB works with industry partners to provide customized solutions to meet the unique needs of any event.
1. Top Venues
Singapore offers a wide range of MICE infrastructure for every need and budget. These venues not only feature state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities, but also the convenience of a wide range of accommodation, food, shopping, entertainment and other lifestyle options in close proximity.
Click here to see the huge inventory of venues and to select the right one for your event.
2. Unconventional Event Spaces
Singapore offers an array of unconventional business event venues that serve as MICE facilities with unique leisure offerings. Categories include exclusive venues, historical and cultural venues, nature and wildlife venues, and venues with panoramic or waterfront views. For more information on Singapore's unparalleled venue options, click here.
• Historical and cultural venues, including the ArtScience Museum, National Gallery Singapore, Esplanade — Theaters on the Bay.
• Nature & wildlife venues, such as Night Safari, S.E.A. Aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa, Fort Canning Park, Singapore Botanic Gardens.
• Panoramic or waterfront views, including Singapore Flyer, Mount Faber Peak, Monti Singapore.
For more information on Singapore's unparalleled venue options, click here.
3. Unique Attractions & Experiences
The following attractions not only provide your group with an interesting outing, they welcome MICE guests with group packages. These are just a small fraction of the experiences in store for your group:
• SkyHelix Sentosa. Singapore's highest open-air panoramic ride and will be the first carbon-neutral attraction on Sentosa.
• Tropical Montane Orchidetum at the National Orchid Gardens. Simulates the experience of ascending through a tropical montane forest and showcases a diversity of close to 1,000 species of orchids and hybrids.
• iFly Experience. This memorable free-fall experience is just like an actual skydive. Enjoy a thrilling indoor skydiving experience inside one of the world's largest wind tunnels.
4. New Hotels
• Dusit Thani Laguna Singapore. Nestled within the grounds of the acclaimed Laguna National Golf & Resort Club, the five-star luxury urban resort will be the first in Singapore with direct access to two championship golf courses.
• Park Royal Collection Marina Bay. The country's first "Garden-in-a-Hotel" is set in the heart of the central business district and Marina Bay. The 583-room PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay, Singapore offers panoramic views of the city skyline.
• Oasia Resort Sentosa. This resort was conceived with the idea of holistic wellness in mind. From the spa and its exclusive lounges to the fitness center, it's an ideal retreat to recharge, refuel and refresh.
Sustainable Green Meetings
Busy Event Pipeline
Prudential Life Insurance Company of Korea 2022 Strong Start, 24 – 27 June 2022
AIJA 60th International Young Lawyers Congress, 22 - 27 August 2022
Milken Institute Asia Summit 2022, 28 – 30 September 2022
Asia CEO Summit @ Singapore, 6 - 7 October 2022
Herbalife Future Presidents Team Retreat, 14 – 16 October 2022
World Stroke Congress 2022, 26 – 29 October 2022
7th World One Health Congress 2022, 7 – 11 November 2022
GreenTech Festival, 17 – 18 November 2022
International Trademark Association (INTA)’s 2023 Annual Meeting Live+
Gastech Exhibition & Conference, 2023
Asia CEO Summit @ Singapore, 2023 – 2024
With an increasing consciousness about the environment, more MICE event organizers are turning to destinations and venues with strong sustainability policies. The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) certifies green venues in Singapore with the Green Mark.
Singapore offers an abundance of clean air and relaxing spaces for recreation. You can choose from myriad green tours, as well as green activities on Sentosa that are perfect for team building. Sustainability guidelines have been developed to help both planners and suppliers integrate sustainable practices within your organization's operations and regular event plans.
• Resorts World Singapore has removed single-use plastics across its establishments.
• Marina Bay Sands has become the country's first carbon-neutral venue.
• Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford launched Singapore's first hotel urban aquaponics garden, to serve fresh quality produce.
• Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay employs a ‘garden-in-a-hotel' concept, that reduces food waste through energy-efficient food-waste digesters.
• Parkroyal Collection Pickering offers green meeting packages that are designed with the environment and conscious bookers in mind, featuring eco-friendly alternatives like sustainable refreshments and a farm-to-table working lunch.
For more examples of venues with sustainable efforts, click here.
For more information on planning a green meeting using the guidelines, click here.
Plan Your Event in Singapore Now
Find out more on how to plan exceptional events in Singapore, including venue information and incentive programs: www.visitsingapore.com.
For enquiries, contact SECB at SECB@stb.gov.sg